Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in Manchester motorcycle crash
MANCHESTER - A Manchester man was injured Sunday when he was thrown from his motorcycle after it collided with a car.
Manchester police responded to Lake Avenue and Beech Street at 1:05 p.m. Sunday on a report of a motor vehicle collision with personal injury.
Police say Jacqueline Radford, 57, of Derry, was operating a Suzuki vehicle heading south on Beech Street when it collided with a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle, operated by Arthur Ahlquist, 49, of Manchester. Ahlquist was headed westbound on Lake Avenue, crashed into the driver side of Radford's vehicle and was thrown from his motorcycle upon impact. Ahlquist was transported to Elliot Hospital with elbow and hip pain. Police say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Radford complained of head and shoulder pain, but declined medical attention. Richard Giberson, 60, of Manchester, was a passenger in Radford's vehicle and was not injured.
Manchester police determined Radford was at fault in the accident, and issued her a summons for a red light violation.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors