Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in Manchester motorcycle crash
MANCHESTER - A Manchester man was injured Sunday when he was thrown from his motorcycle after it collided with a car.
Manchester police responded to Lake Avenue and Beech Street at 1:05 p.m. Sunday on a report of a motor vehicle collision with personal injury.
Police say Jacqueline Radford, 57, of Derry, was operating a Suzuki vehicle heading south on Beech Street when it collided with a 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle, operated by Arthur Ahlquist, 49, of Manchester. Ahlquist was headed westbound on Lake Avenue, crashed into the driver side of Radford's vehicle and was thrown from his motorcycle upon impact. Ahlquist was transported to Elliot Hospital with elbow and hip pain. Police say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Radford complained of head and shoulder pain, but declined medical attention. Richard Giberson, 60, of Manchester, was a passenger in Radford's vehicle and was not injured.
Manchester police determined Radford was at fault in the accident, and issued her a summons for a red light violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH