Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots hold off Bills, 37-31
Tom Brady threw a pair of touchdown passes and Danny Woodhead scored twice as host New England held off Buffalo.
Woodhead caught a scoring pass and ran for a 15-yard touchdown as New England won its third straight while Brady improved to 11-0 all-time at home against Buffalo. But this one came with some anxious moments.
Leading 37-31 following Stephen Gostkowski's third field goal of the game, the Bills marched to the New England 15-yard line before Devin McCourty picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick with 23 seconds remaining to seal the win. The Patriots (6-3) never trailed and defeated the Bills for the 18th time in their last 19 meetings.
Brady went on 23-for-38 for 237 yards. Fitzpatrick was even better, connecting on 27 of 40 attempts for 337 yards with two TD passes and one costly interception.
Stevan Ridley rushed for 98 yards for New England. The Bills (3-6) rushed for 162 yards, the most against the Patriots this season.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Brady has thrown a touchdown pass in 41 straight games. …Fitzpatrick became the fifth QB in Bills history to pass for over 10,000 yards in a career. … Buffalo was accessed 142 yards in penalties. The team record is 159 yards. … Brady is 20-2 all-time against Buffalo. … The Bills are 0-6 on the season when giving up 21 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 1
- Late heroics carried Wildcats to semis - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass