Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots hold off Bills, 37-31
Tom Brady threw a pair of touchdown passes and Danny Woodhead scored twice as host New England held off Buffalo.
Woodhead caught a scoring pass and ran for a 15-yard touchdown as New England won its third straight while Brady improved to 11-0 all-time at home against Buffalo. But this one came with some anxious moments.
Leading 37-31 following Stephen Gostkowski's third field goal of the game, the Bills marched to the New England 15-yard line before Devin McCourty picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick with 23 seconds remaining to seal the win. The Patriots (6-3) never trailed and defeated the Bills for the 18th time in their last 19 meetings.
Brady went on 23-for-38 for 237 yards. Fitzpatrick was even better, connecting on 27 of 40 attempts for 337 yards with two TD passes and one costly interception.
Stevan Ridley rushed for 98 yards for New England. The Bills (3-6) rushed for 162 yards, the most against the Patriots this season.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Brady has thrown a touchdown pass in 41 straight games. …Fitzpatrick became the fifth QB in Bills history to pass for over 10,000 yards in a career. … Buffalo was accessed 142 yards in penalties. The team record is 159 yards. … Brady is 20-2 all-time against Buffalo. … The Bills are 0-6 on the season when giving up 21 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
- Eagles’ Kelly amps up support for Foles - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way (again) - 0
- For Patriots, an imperfect victory over Houston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 2
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch