Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots hold off Bills, 37-31
Patriots Notebook: Mixed feelings all around
Tom Brady threw a pair of touchdown passes and Danny Woodhead scored twice as host New England held off Buffalo.
Woodhead caught a scoring pass and ran for a 15-yard touchdown as New England won its third straight while Brady improved to 11-0 all-time at home against Buffalo. But this one came with some anxious moments.
Leading 37-31 following Stephen Gostkowski's third field goal of the game, the Bills marched to the New England 15-yard line before Devin McCourty picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick with 23 seconds remaining to seal the win. The Patriots (6-3) never trailed and defeated the Bills for the 18th time in their last 19 meetings.
Brady went on 23-for-38 for 237 yards. Fitzpatrick was even better, connecting on 27 of 40 attempts for 337 yards with two TD passes and one costly interception.
Stevan Ridley rushed for 98 yards for New England. The Bills (3-6) rushed for 162 yards, the most against the Patriots this season.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Brady has thrown a touchdown pass in 41 straight games. …Fitzpatrick became the fifth QB in Bills history to pass for over 10,000 yards in a career. … Buffalo was accessed 142 yards in penalties. The team record is 159 yards. … Brady is 20-2 all-time against Buffalo. … The Bills are 0-6 on the season when giving up 21 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Runners want to send message in 2014 Boston Marathon - 0
- Newbould, Varanka lead Granite Staters in Boston Marathon - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: NH's race within the race - 0
- Granite State pair back on track for Boston - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Would an Easter or Christmas road race work in Granite State? - 0
- It's a family affair at Manchester road race - 0
- Shamrock Shuffle set for Sunday - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Shamrock Shuffle runners ready to party - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: No way to win with a road race cancellation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 0
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name