Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots hold off Bills, 37-31
Patriots Notebook: Mixed feelings all around
Tom Brady threw a pair of touchdown passes and Danny Woodhead scored twice as host New England held off Buffalo.
Woodhead caught a scoring pass and ran for a 15-yard touchdown as New England won its third straight while Brady improved to 11-0 all-time at home against Buffalo. But this one came with some anxious moments.
Leading 37-31 following Stephen Gostkowski's third field goal of the game, the Bills marched to the New England 15-yard line before Devin McCourty picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick with 23 seconds remaining to seal the win. The Patriots (6-3) never trailed and defeated the Bills for the 18th time in their last 19 meetings.
Brady went on 23-for-38 for 237 yards. Fitzpatrick was even better, connecting on 27 of 40 attempts for 337 yards with two TD passes and one costly interception.
Stevan Ridley rushed for 98 yards for New England. The Bills (3-6) rushed for 162 yards, the most against the Patriots this season.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Brady has thrown a touchdown pass in 41 straight games. …Fitzpatrick became the fifth QB in Bills history to pass for over 10,000 yards in a career. … Buffalo was accessed 142 yards in penalties. The team record is 159 yards. … Brady is 20-2 all-time against Buffalo. … The Bills are 0-6 on the season when giving up 21 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 16
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 6
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs