Annual Tons of Turkey drive for Manchester food pantry kicks off
MANCHESTER - The annual Tons of Turkey food drive for the New Horizons Food Pantry is under way.
Cash donations are being accepted through Saturday, which is when donors can also drop off a turkey to help families in need on Thanksgiving.
Donations are being accepted at six participating Hannaford supermarkets in the Manchester area. This year's drive is sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, 96.5 The Mill radio, Wilkins Mechanical, Gary Rondeau's Automotive and Energy North Propane.
The annual drive has provided New Horizons with enough food and money to feed over 1,200 families at Thanksgiving.
Jay Coffey and Jeff Lawrence of The Mill will broadcast live Saturday at all six Hannaford locations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The stores participating in Manchester are on John E. Devine Drive, Hanover Street, Bicentennial Drive and Mast Road
The Hannaford locations in Bedford are on Colby Court and Jenkins Road.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 0
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Work begins on dam repairs
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'