Annual Tons of Turkey drive for Manchester food pantry kicks off
MANCHESTER - The annual Tons of Turkey food drive for the New Horizons Food Pantry is under way.
Cash donations are being accepted through Saturday, which is when donors can also drop off a turkey to help families in need on Thanksgiving.
Donations are being accepted at six participating Hannaford supermarkets in the Manchester area. This year's drive is sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, 96.5 The Mill radio, Wilkins Mechanical, Gary Rondeau's Automotive and Energy North Propane.
The annual drive has provided New Horizons with enough food and money to feed over 1,200 families at Thanksgiving.
Jay Coffey and Jeff Lawrence of The Mill will broadcast live Saturday at all six Hannaford locations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The stores participating in Manchester are on John E. Devine Drive, Hanover Street, Bicentennial Drive and Mast Road
The Hannaford locations in Bedford are on Colby Court and Jenkins Road.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners