Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
- Joe Perry's 'Rocks: My LIfe in and Out of Aerosmith' sits in Top Ten On NY Times Bestseller List for initial two weeks - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Windham club plans coat drive, next meeting - 0
- Grange honors members, public servants - 0
- Committee eyes larger state role at Livermore Falls - 1
- No change in Pelham tax rate - 0
- Union Leader editor receives media ally award - 0
- Hooksett students to lay wreath at memorial - 0
- Bedford's tax rate increases by 33 cents from 2013 - 0
- Closing Salem elementary school could trim $800,000 - 0
Guitar Center and DIRECTV feature iconic guitarist SLASH In Original 2-Part Documentary and live concert eventREADER COMMENTS: 0
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer