Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNO Pizzeria in Hudson plans cancer fundraiser - 0
- Farmington firefighters to don pink for fundraiser - 0
- 5K honors city teen who died from cancer - 0
- Great North Woods, White Mountains foliage expected to hit peak next week - 0
- Salem Rams hope to memorialize volunteer with scoreboard naming - 0
- Salem looks ahead to property updates - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Molly Stark DAR hosts Constitution meeting - 0
- Keene festival's pumpkin giveaway requires online registration this year - 1
- Currier Museum showcases impossible possibilities by M.C. Escher, who inspired generations of pop culture - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over