Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- Thank a Landowner Today - 0
- Registration Open for Free Winter Indoor Archery Leagues - Holderness - 0
- Amherst ready to celebrate season with tree lighting Friday - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops - 0
- New Hampshire's most iconic entertainment venue keeps the pedal to the medal. - 0
- North Country’s former longtime Union Leader news carrier dies - 0
- Londonderry officials: Tree stands on conservation land are troubling - 20
Thank a Landowner Today
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up