Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'