Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report: NH plant species at risk - 0
- The sweetest of weekends in NH - 0
- He's come a long way from a harsh Georgia upbringing - 0
- Thanks to members' seed money, CSA farms ready for a new season - 0
- Forest Journal: Thinking and waiting for the sap run - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Trees and people share remarkable resemblance - 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Romney, Fallon betting stakes: Ice cream at 'The Bubble' - 0
- Black Label Society goes 'UnBlackened' at the Casino Ballroom - 0
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
Report: NH plant species at risk
The sweetest of weekends in NH
City 'losing ground' to poverty
Cruz: I can rally the right
George Will: Remembrances of Clintons past
Conference courts young conservatives
Three people confirmed dead in Bedford