Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man waives hearing in Manchester father's shooting
MANCHESTER - Attorneys for Evan Smith, 29, waived a probable cause hearing Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a second-degree murder charge that alleges he fatally shot his father in the elder man's Hevey Street apartment Oct. 26.
The case will now be sent to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment. Smith did not appear in court.
Smith, who lives in Concord, is accused of shooting his father in the back of the head.
Smith was not arrested at the scene of the shooting, but authorities have declined to say anything about why he was arrested. The affidavit supporting Smith's arrest remains sealed.
Senior Assistant Attorney Janice Rundles has said the charge could be upgraded.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483