May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Man waives hearing in Manchester father's shooting
MANCHESTER - Attorneys for Evan Smith, 29, waived a probable cause hearing Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a second-degree murder charge that alleges he fatally shot his father in the elder man's Hevey Street apartment Oct. 26.
The case will now be sent to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment. Smith did not appear in court.
Smith, who lives in Concord, is accused of shooting his father in the back of the head.
Smith was not arrested at the scene of the shooting, but authorities have declined to say anything about why he was arrested. The affidavit supporting Smith's arrest remains sealed.
Senior Assistant Attorney Janice Rundles has said the charge could be upgraded.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 5
- Carroll man sentenced to 63 to 127 years for burglaries - 9
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 0
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 10
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 15
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424