Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man waives hearing in Manchester father's shooting
MANCHESTER - Attorneys for Evan Smith, 29, waived a probable cause hearing Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a second-degree murder charge that alleges he fatally shot his father in the elder man's Hevey Street apartment Oct. 26.
The case will now be sent to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment. Smith did not appear in court.
Smith, who lives in Concord, is accused of shooting his father in the back of the head.
Smith was not arrested at the scene of the shooting, but authorities have declined to say anything about why he was arrested. The affidavit supporting Smith's arrest remains sealed.
Senior Assistant Attorney Janice Rundles has said the charge could be upgraded.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424