Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man waives hearing in Manchester father's shooting
MANCHESTER - Attorneys for Evan Smith, 29, waived a probable cause hearing Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, on a second-degree murder charge that alleges he fatally shot his father in the elder man's Hevey Street apartment Oct. 26.
The case will now be sent to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment. Smith did not appear in court.
Smith, who lives in Concord, is accused of shooting his father in the back of the head.
Smith was not arrested at the scene of the shooting, but authorities have declined to say anything about why he was arrested. The affidavit supporting Smith's arrest remains sealed.
Senior Assistant Attorney Janice Rundles has said the charge could be upgraded.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 34
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424