Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Rochester police charge Maine man with DWI after accident
ROCHESTER - Police arrested a Maine man following an alcohol-related accident along Salmon Falls Road on Friday evening.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 7:21 p.m. after a southbound 1999 Ford F550, driven by Stephen Czarnecki, 58, of Eliot, Maine, drove into a ditch near the intersection of Whitehall Road.
Police determined Czarnecki drove off the road after failing to negotiate a left-hand corner. As a result, the Ford drove into a large ditch and struck several trees, which caused substantial damage to the vehicle.
A section of Salmon Falls Road was closed for about an hour while police investigated the accident, which scattered debris around the area. A heavy-duty tow truck responded to remove the pickup from the ditch and tow it from the scene.
Paramedics transported Czarnecki to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. He was later charged with driving while intoxicated.
Police charged Czarnecki with DWI. Czarnecki, who was released on $1,500 personal recognizance, is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Dec. 17 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council