Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rochester police charge Maine man with DWI after accident
ROCHESTER - Police arrested a Maine man following an alcohol-related accident along Salmon Falls Road on Friday evening.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 7:21 p.m. after a southbound 1999 Ford F550, driven by Stephen Czarnecki, 58, of Eliot, Maine, drove into a ditch near the intersection of Whitehall Road.
Police determined Czarnecki drove off the road after failing to negotiate a left-hand corner. As a result, the Ford drove into a large ditch and struck several trees, which caused substantial damage to the vehicle.
A section of Salmon Falls Road was closed for about an hour while police investigated the accident, which scattered debris around the area. A heavy-duty tow truck responded to remove the pickup from the ditch and tow it from the scene.
Paramedics transported Czarnecki to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. He was later charged with driving while intoxicated.
Police charged Czarnecki with DWI. Czarnecki, who was released on $1,500 personal recognizance, is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Dec. 17 at 8 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424