Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after car accident in Rochester
ROCHESTER - A woman was sent to the hospital after her postal van was involved in an accident along Route 125 near the Barrington town line Tuesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:58 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Chevy mail van, driven by Sandra Healey, 49, of Gonic, was struck by a southbound 1994 Ford Ranger, driven by Stephen Girard, 29, of Nottingham.
Police determined Girard tried to avoid the accident, which occurred when the van was stopped while attempting to make a U-turn. The vehicles collided in the middle of the roadway, according to police. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. While Girard was uninjured, paramedics transported Healy, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal