Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after car accident in Rochester
ROCHESTER - A woman was sent to the hospital after her postal van was involved in an accident along Route 125 near the Barrington town line Tuesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:58 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Chevy mail van, driven by Sandra Healey, 49, of Gonic, was struck by a southbound 1994 Ford Ranger, driven by Stephen Girard, 29, of Nottingham.
Police determined Girard tried to avoid the accident, which occurred when the van was stopped while attempting to make a U-turn. The vehicles collided in the middle of the roadway, according to police. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. While Girard was uninjured, paramedics transported Healy, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax