Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after car accident in Rochester
ROCHESTER - A woman was sent to the hospital after her postal van was involved in an accident along Route 125 near the Barrington town line Tuesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:58 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Chevy mail van, driven by Sandra Healey, 49, of Gonic, was struck by a southbound 1994 Ford Ranger, driven by Stephen Girard, 29, of Nottingham.
Police determined Girard tried to avoid the accident, which occurred when the van was stopped while attempting to make a U-turn. The vehicles collided in the middle of the roadway, according to police. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. While Girard was uninjured, paramedics transported Healy, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four