Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after car accident in Rochester
ROCHESTER - A woman was sent to the hospital after her postal van was involved in an accident along Route 125 near the Barrington town line Tuesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:58 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Chevy mail van, driven by Sandra Healey, 49, of Gonic, was struck by a southbound 1994 Ford Ranger, driven by Stephen Girard, 29, of Nottingham.
Police determined Girard tried to avoid the accident, which occurred when the van was stopped while attempting to make a U-turn. The vehicles collided in the middle of the roadway, according to police. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. While Girard was uninjured, paramedics transported Healy, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 5
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax