Home » News » Public Safety
Woman hospitalized after car accident in Rochester
ROCHESTER - A woman was sent to the hospital after her postal van was involved in an accident along Route 125 near the Barrington town line Tuesday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:58 p.m. after a southbound 1988 Chevy mail van, driven by Sandra Healey, 49, of Gonic, was struck by a southbound 1994 Ford Ranger, driven by Stephen Girard, 29, of Nottingham.
Police determined Girard tried to avoid the accident, which occurred when the van was stopped while attempting to make a U-turn. The vehicles collided in the middle of the roadway, according to police. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. While Girard was uninjured, paramedics transported Healy, who sustained non-life-threatening injuries, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072