Home » News » Public Safety
Driver OK after plunge into Souhegan River
WILTON - A tired driver ended up in the Souhegan River Tuesday after she lost control of her car on Route 31 South.
Karen Carr, 24, of Greenville, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua for treatment of injuries police describe as not life-threatening.
The accident happened about 3:45 p.m. Monday on Route 31 South (Greenville Road) near King Brook Road. According to a news release, Carr was driving her 1998 Isuzu Rodeo south on the road when she lost control of it. The car went off the road, down an embankment and into the Souhegan River, coming to rest in about 18 inches of water.
Police investigators believe fatigue played a role in the crash, which remains under investigation by Officer Gerry Reppucci.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'