Home » News » Public Safety
Driver OK after plunge into Souhegan River
WILTON - A tired driver ended up in the Souhegan River Tuesday after she lost control of her car on Route 31 South.
Karen Carr, 24, of Greenville, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua for treatment of injuries police describe as not life-threatening.
The accident happened about 3:45 p.m. Monday on Route 31 South (Greenville Road) near King Brook Road. According to a news release, Carr was driving her 1998 Isuzu Rodeo south on the road when she lost control of it. The car went off the road, down an embankment and into the Souhegan River, coming to rest in about 18 inches of water.
Police investigators believe fatigue played a role in the crash, which remains under investigation by Officer Gerry Reppucci.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee