Home » News » Public Safety
Driver OK after plunge into Souhegan River
WILTON - A tired driver ended up in the Souhegan River Tuesday after she lost control of her car on Route 31 South.
Karen Carr, 24, of Greenville, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua for treatment of injuries police describe as not life-threatening.
The accident happened about 3:45 p.m. Monday on Route 31 South (Greenville Road) near King Brook Road. According to a news release, Carr was driving her 1998 Isuzu Rodeo south on the road when she lost control of it. The car went off the road, down an embankment and into the Souhegan River, coming to rest in about 18 inches of water.
Police investigators believe fatigue played a role in the crash, which remains under investigation by Officer Gerry Reppucci.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins