Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man suffered a serious head injury when he was hit by a van Monday evening on Central Street, near Moulton Drive.
Kevin Coady, 20, was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for treatment of his injuries, according to a news release issued by police.
The accident happened at 5:36 p.m.
Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow, was driving a 1999 Chrysler van north on Central Street when she struck Coady, who was walking along Central Street. Police said Coady was wearing black jeans, a black coat and black sneakers. He suffered injuries to his arm and body, in addition to the head injury.
Police said neither speed nor impairment appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'