Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man suffered a serious head injury when he was hit by a van Monday evening on Central Street, near Moulton Drive.
Kevin Coady, 20, was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for treatment of his injuries, according to a news release issued by police.
The accident happened at 5:36 p.m.
Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow, was driving a 1999 Chrysler van north on Central Street when she struck Coady, who was walking along Central Street. Police said Coady was wearing black jeans, a black coat and black sneakers. He suffered injuries to his arm and body, in addition to the head injury.
Police said neither speed nor impairment appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time