Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man suffered a serious head injury when he was hit by a van Monday evening on Central Street, near Moulton Drive.
Kevin Coady, 20, was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for treatment of his injuries, according to a news release issued by police.
The accident happened at 5:36 p.m.
Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow, was driving a 1999 Chrysler van north on Central Street when she struck Coady, who was walking along Central Street. Police said Coady was wearing black jeans, a black coat and black sneakers. He suffered injuries to his arm and body, in addition to the head injury.
Police said neither speed nor impairment appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072