Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man suffered a serious head injury when he was hit by a van Monday evening on Central Street, near Moulton Drive.
Kevin Coady, 20, was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for treatment of his injuries, according to a news release issued by police.
The accident happened at 5:36 p.m.
Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow, was driving a 1999 Chrysler van north on Central Street when she struck Coady, who was walking along Central Street. Police said Coady was wearing black jeans, a black coat and black sneakers. He suffered injuries to his arm and body, in addition to the head injury.
Police said neither speed nor impairment appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced