Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man suffered a serious head injury when he was hit by a van Monday evening on Central Street, near Moulton Drive.
Kevin Coady, 20, was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston for treatment of his injuries, according to a news release issued by police.
The accident happened at 5:36 p.m.
Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow, was driving a 1999 Chrysler van north on Central Street when she struck Coady, who was walking along Central Street. Police said Coady was wearing black jeans, a black coat and black sneakers. He suffered injuries to his arm and body, in addition to the head injury.
Police said neither speed nor impairment appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs