Wildcat, Dartmouth skaters move up in college hockey polls
The Dartmouth College men's hockey team, the lone unbeaten team in Division I, made a significant jump to No. 12 in national polls released on Monday.
The Big Green (5-0-1) defeated Rensselaer and No. 8 Union over the weekend and moved to 12th in both the U.S. College Hockey Online poll and The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Dartmouth (4-0-0 ECAC), which gained nine spots in the USCHO.com poll, is now ranked for the first time since early November of last year. The No. 12 position is the highest showing for the Big Green since holding down the same spot in October 2004.
Boston College received all 50 first-place votes in the USCHO.com poll announced on Monday.
The University of New Hampshire, which remained undefeated at home with a 4-0 triumph against Vermont, took over the No. 5 spot in the USCHO.com poll.
The Wildcats (6-1-1), who haven't allowed a goal in two straight games, are ranked sixth The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Plymouth State University erased a two-goal deficit in the second half and defeated top-seeded Bridgewater State University, 4-3, in overtime to capture the 2012 ECAC Division III New England Field Hockey Tournament championship on Sunday afternoon. Senior forward Olivia Colborn of Lancaster scored the game-winning goal and garnered Most Outstanding Player honors in the tournament at Bridgewater, Mass.
Colborn also tallied a pair of goals in the Panthers' 2-1 semifinal victory over Keene State College on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840