Wildcat, Dartmouth skaters move up in college hockey polls
The Dartmouth College men's hockey team, the lone unbeaten team in Division I, made a significant jump to No. 12 in national polls released on Monday.
The Big Green (5-0-1) defeated Rensselaer and No. 8 Union over the weekend and moved to 12th in both the U.S. College Hockey Online poll and The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Dartmouth (4-0-0 ECAC), which gained nine spots in the USCHO.com poll, is now ranked for the first time since early November of last year. The No. 12 position is the highest showing for the Big Green since holding down the same spot in October 2004.
Boston College received all 50 first-place votes in the USCHO.com poll announced on Monday.
The University of New Hampshire, which remained undefeated at home with a 4-0 triumph against Vermont, took over the No. 5 spot in the USCHO.com poll.
The Wildcats (6-1-1), who haven't allowed a goal in two straight games, are ranked sixth The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Plymouth State University erased a two-goal deficit in the second half and defeated top-seeded Bridgewater State University, 4-3, in overtime to capture the 2012 ECAC Division III New England Field Hockey Tournament championship on Sunday afternoon. Senior forward Olivia Colborn of Lancaster scored the game-winning goal and garnered Most Outstanding Player honors in the tournament at Bridgewater, Mass.
Colborn also tallied a pair of goals in the Panthers' 2-1 semifinal victory over Keene State College on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 10
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840