Wildcat, Dartmouth skaters move up in college hockey polls
The Dartmouth College men's hockey team, the lone unbeaten team in Division I, made a significant jump to No. 12 in national polls released on Monday.
The Big Green (5-0-1) defeated Rensselaer and No. 8 Union over the weekend and moved to 12th in both the U.S. College Hockey Online poll and The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Dartmouth (4-0-0 ECAC), which gained nine spots in the USCHO.com poll, is now ranked for the first time since early November of last year. The No. 12 position is the highest showing for the Big Green since holding down the same spot in October 2004.
Boston College received all 50 first-place votes in the USCHO.com poll announced on Monday.
The University of New Hampshire, which remained undefeated at home with a 4-0 triumph against Vermont, took over the No. 5 spot in the USCHO.com poll.
The Wildcats (6-1-1), who haven't allowed a goal in two straight games, are ranked sixth The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
Plymouth State University erased a two-goal deficit in the second half and defeated top-seeded Bridgewater State University, 4-3, in overtime to capture the 2012 ECAC Division III New England Field Hockey Tournament championship on Sunday afternoon. Senior forward Olivia Colborn of Lancaster scored the game-winning goal and garnered Most Outstanding Player honors in the tournament at Bridgewater, Mass.
Colborn also tallied a pair of goals in the Panthers' 2-1 semifinal victory over Keene State College on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 5
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 8
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840