Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Fugitive of Week arrested in Derry, taken to jail
CONCORD - This week's Fugitive of the Week, Christopher Harrison, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at a family member's residence on Peabody Road in Derry.
The arrest was made by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force from the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office.
The Rockingham County Superior Court had issued an arrest warrant for Harrison based on his failure to appear to serve his sentence on an original conviction for aggravated driving while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury. Harrison was originally given a deferred sentence by the court so that he could get his personal affairs in order prior to serving his jail time. Harrison then failed to appear to serve the court imposed two-year sentence.
As part of the investigation, Harrison was featured in the weekly feature known as the Fugitive of the Week on Nov. 14. The Fugitive of the Week is featured on WTPL-FM, WMUR-TV, the Union Leader, The Nashua Telegraph and is prominently featured on the internet.
The U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force developed information that Harrison was staying at a family member's residence. These efforts led investigators to an address on Peabody Road in Derry. Members of the task force from the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office went to the residence to locate Harrison. Harrison reportedly came to the door visibly upset and stated that he had seen himself on WMUR and was "waiting for you guys."
Harrison was arrested without incident and immediately taken to the Rockingham County Jail to serve his sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'