May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester restaurant manager robbed of night deposit
MANCHESTER - Two men robbed a woman of a restaurant's night deposit and, when a witness chased after them, one pulled out a knife and told him to back off, police said.
The incident happened about 9:30 pm. Tuesday at the Mall of New Hampshire. The night manager at Arby's told police two men came up behind her as she walked toward her parked vehicle. One pulled her purse from her shoulder and fled with it.
The woman chased after him but could not catch him.
As he ran, the robber took out the cash deposit and then tossed the purse.
A 21-year-old bicyclist witnessed the robbery and began following the men, who ran from the mall to South Willow Street. As the bicyclist got closer, one of the men turned and brandished a knife, warning the witness not to follow them.
The witness backed off but tried to keep the men in sight, losing them in the area of Goodwill and John Devine Drive.
The robbers are described as white men in their 20s, of average height and build. Both had short dark hair and wore dark, hooded sweatshirts and pants. One of them also wore a green ski mask.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 1
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 9
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
License revocations for DWI announced
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424