May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester restaurant manager robbed of night deposit
MANCHESTER - Two men robbed a woman of a restaurant's night deposit and, when a witness chased after them, one pulled out a knife and told him to back off, police said.
The incident happened about 9:30 pm. Tuesday at the Mall of New Hampshire. The night manager at Arby's told police two men came up behind her as she walked toward her parked vehicle. One pulled her purse from her shoulder and fled with it.
The woman chased after him but could not catch him.
As he ran, the robber took out the cash deposit and then tossed the purse.
A 21-year-old bicyclist witnessed the robbery and began following the men, who ran from the mall to South Willow Street. As the bicyclist got closer, one of the men turned and brandished a knife, warning the witness not to follow them.
The witness backed off but tried to keep the men in sight, losing them in the area of Goodwill and John Devine Drive.
The robbers are described as white men in their 20s, of average height and build. Both had short dark hair and wore dark, hooded sweatshirts and pants. One of them also wore a green ski mask.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 0
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424