Home » News » Public Safety
Man hurt in Kingston garage fire
KINGSTON — One man suffered minor injuries in a fire that destroyed a garage Wednesday evening, Fire Chief Bill Seaman said.
Seaman said the man, whose name was not available, was working on a car in the garage next to an apartment building at 19 Page Road about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when insulation in the car caught fire.
Flames quickly spread throughout the garage and the man suffered a burn on his arm when he tried to extinguish the fire, he said.
Seaman said the garage and all its contents were "a total loss," but that the nearby apartment building was not damaged.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0