Home » News » Public Safety
Man hurt in Kingston garage fire
KINGSTON — One man suffered minor injuries in a fire that destroyed a garage Wednesday evening, Fire Chief Bill Seaman said.
Seaman said the man, whose name was not available, was working on a car in the garage next to an apartment building at 19 Page Road about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when insulation in the car caught fire.
Flames quickly spread throughout the garage and the man suffered a burn on his arm when he tried to extinguish the fire, he said.
Seaman said the garage and all its contents were "a total loss," but that the nearby apartment building was not damaged.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH traffic deaths take sharp decline - 0
- Three-alarm fire damages Nashua church; parishioners out safe - 0
- Power outage knocks machine offline at Gorham Paper and Tissue - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 1
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 3
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three robbers strike Rochester Shell station early Monday - 0
- Motorcyclist killed in Saturday crash identified as Manchester man - 0
- Public trust has been eroded, says Congressional candidate Garcia - 4
- Gubernatorial candidate Hemingway proposes NH tax system fix - 5
- Hanover co-op to meet on fired workers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Your turn, NH -- Kate Pemberton: What a First Lady taught me about being a woman - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Motivation Matters: Get rid of deficiency, not employee - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
No compromise: We win, you lose