Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 19, injured in Londonderry crash
LONDONDERRY -- A 19-year-old man was transported to a Boston hospital following a rush-hour collision on the Interstate 93 Exit 4 overpass Wednesday evening.
Shortly after 5 p.m., local emergency crews responded to reports of a three-vehicle crash on Route 102, on the I-93 overpass.
Police closed a section of the roadway as first responders used hydraulic tools to remove the unidentified victim, who was trapped inside one of the vehicles when it rolled over.
The man, whose name wasn't immediately available, sustained a serious head injury and was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, where a DHART helicopter awaited to transport him to Boston, Londonderry fire officials confirmed.
By 6 p.m. traffic was moving slowly over the highway, with one lane reopened as firefighters worked to clear the roadway of debris.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions