Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 19, injured in Londonderry crash
LONDONDERRY -- A 19-year-old man was transported to a Boston hospital following a rush-hour collision on the Interstate 93 Exit 4 overpass Wednesday evening.
Shortly after 5 p.m., local emergency crews responded to reports of a three-vehicle crash on Route 102, on the I-93 overpass.
Police closed a section of the roadway as first responders used hydraulic tools to remove the unidentified victim, who was trapped inside one of the vehicles when it rolled over.
The man, whose name wasn't immediately available, sustained a serious head injury and was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, where a DHART helicopter awaited to transport him to Boston, Londonderry fire officials confirmed.
By 6 p.m. traffic was moving slowly over the highway, with one lane reopened as firefighters worked to clear the roadway of debris.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
- Steady voter turnout in Amherst - 0
- Due to snow forecast, Farmington decides to wait a week to decide on town issues - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus