Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 19, injured in Londonderry crash
LONDONDERRY -- A 19-year-old man was transported to a Boston hospital following a rush-hour collision on the Interstate 93 Exit 4 overpass Wednesday evening.
Shortly after 5 p.m., local emergency crews responded to reports of a three-vehicle crash on Route 102, on the I-93 overpass.
Police closed a section of the roadway as first responders used hydraulic tools to remove the unidentified victim, who was trapped inside one of the vehicles when it rolled over.
The man, whose name wasn't immediately available, sustained a serious head injury and was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, where a DHART helicopter awaited to transport him to Boston, Londonderry fire officials confirmed.
By 6 p.m. traffic was moving slowly over the highway, with one lane reopened as firefighters worked to clear the roadway of debris.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19