Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 19, injured in Londonderry crash
LONDONDERRY -- A 19-year-old man was transported to a Boston hospital following a rush-hour collision on the Interstate 93 Exit 4 overpass Wednesday evening.
Shortly after 5 p.m., local emergency crews responded to reports of a three-vehicle crash on Route 102, on the I-93 overpass.
Police closed a section of the roadway as first responders used hydraulic tools to remove the unidentified victim, who was trapped inside one of the vehicles when it rolled over.
The man, whose name wasn't immediately available, sustained a serious head injury and was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, where a DHART helicopter awaited to transport him to Boston, Londonderry fire officials confirmed.
By 6 p.m. traffic was moving slowly over the highway, with one lane reopened as firefighters worked to clear the roadway of debris.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill