Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 19, injured in Londonderry crash
LONDONDERRY -- A 19-year-old man was transported to a Boston hospital following a rush-hour collision on the Interstate 93 Exit 4 overpass Wednesday evening.
Shortly after 5 p.m., local emergency crews responded to reports of a three-vehicle crash on Route 102, on the I-93 overpass.
Police closed a section of the roadway as first responders used hydraulic tools to remove the unidentified victim, who was trapped inside one of the vehicles when it rolled over.
The man, whose name wasn't immediately available, sustained a serious head injury and was transported by ambulance to Parkland Medical Center in Derry, where a DHART helicopter awaited to transport him to Boston, Londonderry fire officials confirmed.
By 6 p.m. traffic was moving slowly over the highway, with one lane reopened as firefighters worked to clear the roadway of debris.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands