Home » News » Public Safety
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man, injured in a collision Monday night on Central Street, has died in a Boston hospital, according to police.
Kevin Coady, 20, was riding a non-motorized scooter just after 5:30 p.m. on Central Street, near Moulton Drive, when he was hit from behind by a van operated by Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow.
Police said it was dark outside and Soucy did not see Coady, who was dressed in black. Coady suffered a serious head injury and was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died Wednesday.
Investigators said there is no evidence suggesting speed or impairment contributed to the crash. No charges are expected against Soucy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072