Home » News » Public Safety
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man, injured in a collision Monday night on Central Street, has died in a Boston hospital, according to police.
Kevin Coady, 20, was riding a non-motorized scooter just after 5:30 p.m. on Central Street, near Moulton Drive, when he was hit from behind by a van operated by Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow.
Police said it was dark outside and Soucy did not see Coady, who was dressed in black. Coady suffered a serious head injury and was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died Wednesday.
Investigators said there is no evidence suggesting speed or impairment contributed to the crash. No charges are expected against Soucy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Due to snow forecast, Farmington decides to wait a week to decide on town issues - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus