Home » News » Public Safety
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
Pedestrian seriously injured in Hampstead accident
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man, injured in a collision Monday night on Central Street, has died in a Boston hospital, according to police.
Kevin Coady, 20, was riding a non-motorized scooter just after 5:30 p.m. on Central Street, near Moulton Drive, when he was hit from behind by a van operated by Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow.
Police said it was dark outside and Soucy did not see Coady, who was dressed in black. Coady suffered a serious head injury and was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died Wednesday.
Investigators said there is no evidence suggesting speed or impairment contributed to the crash. No charges are expected against Soucy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 6
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 153
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 2
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
House and Senate reach budget accord
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off