Home » News » Public Safety
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man, injured in a collision Monday night on Central Street, has died in a Boston hospital, according to police.
Kevin Coady, 20, was riding a non-motorized scooter just after 5:30 p.m. on Central Street, near Moulton Drive, when he was hit from behind by a van operated by Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow.
Police said it was dark outside and Soucy did not see Coady, who was dressed in black. Coady suffered a serious head injury and was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died Wednesday.
Investigators said there is no evidence suggesting speed or impairment contributed to the crash. No charges are expected against Soucy.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding