Home » News » Public Safety
NH man dies from injuries in Hampstead crash
HAMPSTEAD - An East Hampstead man, injured in a collision Monday night on Central Street, has died in a Boston hospital, according to police.
Kevin Coady, 20, was riding a non-motorized scooter just after 5:30 p.m. on Central Street, near Moulton Drive, when he was hit from behind by a van operated by Christina Soucy, 34, of Plaistow.
Police said it was dark outside and Soucy did not see Coady, who was dressed in black. Coady suffered a serious head injury and was flown to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where he died Wednesday.
Investigators said there is no evidence suggesting speed or impairment contributed to the crash. No charges are expected against Soucy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072