Home » News » Public Safety
Car pinned underneath tractor trailer in Nashua accident
NASHUA -- A motorist sustained minor injuries when the car he was driving ended up pinned beneath a tractor trailer Thursday on the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. in the northbound lane when the driver of a 2005 Honda Civic attempted to avoid an object in the roadway by changing lanes quickly, said police.
The driver, Evon Hoang, 26, of Nashua, reportedly drove his vehicle underneath the trailer portion of a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Roger Crete, 52, of Manchester, according to authorities.
"When the driver of the tractor-trailer felt the vehicle strike the trailer, he immediately slowed his vehicle and moved into the breakdown lane," state police said in a release.
Several lanes were temporarily closed while the car was removed from underneath the trailer.
Hoang was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with minor injuries, while Crete was uninjured in the crash.
Police are continuing to investigate the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Trooper Joshua Quigley of the New Hampshire State Police Troop B at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill