Home » News » Public Safety
Car pinned underneath tractor trailer in Nashua accident
NASHUA -- A motorist sustained minor injuries when the car he was driving ended up pinned beneath a tractor trailer Thursday on the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. in the northbound lane when the driver of a 2005 Honda Civic attempted to avoid an object in the roadway by changing lanes quickly, said police.
The driver, Evon Hoang, 26, of Nashua, reportedly drove his vehicle underneath the trailer portion of a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Roger Crete, 52, of Manchester, according to authorities.
"When the driver of the tractor-trailer felt the vehicle strike the trailer, he immediately slowed his vehicle and moved into the breakdown lane," state police said in a release.
Several lanes were temporarily closed while the car was removed from underneath the trailer.
Hoang was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with minor injuries, while Crete was uninjured in the crash.
Police are continuing to investigate the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Trooper Joshua Quigley of the New Hampshire State Police Troop B at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 1
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 7
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance