Home » News » Public Safety
Car pinned underneath tractor trailer in Nashua accident
NASHUA -- A motorist sustained minor injuries when the car he was driving ended up pinned beneath a tractor trailer Thursday on the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. in the northbound lane when the driver of a 2005 Honda Civic attempted to avoid an object in the roadway by changing lanes quickly, said police.
The driver, Evon Hoang, 26, of Nashua, reportedly drove his vehicle underneath the trailer portion of a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Roger Crete, 52, of Manchester, according to authorities.
"When the driver of the tractor-trailer felt the vehicle strike the trailer, he immediately slowed his vehicle and moved into the breakdown lane," state police said in a release.
Several lanes were temporarily closed while the car was removed from underneath the trailer.
Hoang was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with minor injuries, while Crete was uninjured in the crash.
Police are continuing to investigate the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Trooper Joshua Quigley of the New Hampshire State Police Troop B at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity