Home » News » Public Safety
Car pinned underneath tractor trailer in Nashua accident
NASHUA -- A motorist sustained minor injuries when the car he was driving ended up pinned beneath a tractor trailer Thursday on the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. in the northbound lane when the driver of a 2005 Honda Civic attempted to avoid an object in the roadway by changing lanes quickly, said police.
The driver, Evon Hoang, 26, of Nashua, reportedly drove his vehicle underneath the trailer portion of a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Roger Crete, 52, of Manchester, according to authorities.
"When the driver of the tractor-trailer felt the vehicle strike the trailer, he immediately slowed his vehicle and moved into the breakdown lane," state police said in a release.
Several lanes were temporarily closed while the car was removed from underneath the trailer.
Hoang was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with minor injuries, while Crete was uninjured in the crash.
Police are continuing to investigate the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Trooper Joshua Quigley of the New Hampshire State Police Troop B at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
- Abigail Hernandez’ mother: She did not run away - 0
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting - 6
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No change in bail for teen facing Dover arson charge - 0
- Dover man arrested for two business burglaries last summer - 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’