Home » News » Public Safety
Car pinned underneath tractor trailer in Nashua accident
NASHUA -- A motorist sustained minor injuries when the car he was driving ended up pinned beneath a tractor trailer Thursday on the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
The crash occurred around 12:30 p.m. in the northbound lane when the driver of a 2005 Honda Civic attempted to avoid an object in the roadway by changing lanes quickly, said police.
The driver, Evon Hoang, 26, of Nashua, reportedly drove his vehicle underneath the trailer portion of a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Roger Crete, 52, of Manchester, according to authorities.
"When the driver of the tractor-trailer felt the vehicle strike the trailer, he immediately slowed his vehicle and moved into the breakdown lane," state police said in a release.
Several lanes were temporarily closed while the car was removed from underneath the trailer.
Hoang was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center with minor injuries, while Crete was uninjured in the crash.
Police are continuing to investigate the accident. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact Trooper Joshua Quigley of the New Hampshire State Police Troop B at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time