Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.
As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.
Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."
Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.
Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.
Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name