Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.
As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.
Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."
Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.
Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.
Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 11
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072