Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.
As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.
Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."
Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.
Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.
Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072