Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.
As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.
Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."
Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.
Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.
Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'