Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.
As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.
Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."
Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.
Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.
Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 6
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs