All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Head-on crash in Rochester causes serious injuries to three

Union Leader Correspondent

November 15. 2012 3:28PM
From left, Rochester Fire Capt. Steve Johnson speaks to Police Officer John Harding and Sgt. Michael Miehle at the scene of a head-on collision which injured three and shut down Milton Road for two hours Thursday afternoon. (John Quinn/Union Leader Correspondent)

ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital for serious, but not life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision which closed down part of Route 125 for two hours Thursday afternoon.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:18 p.m. after a southbound Ford E-150 van, driven by Glen Snow, 60, of Lewiston, Maine, and a northbound Toyota Scion, driven by Mallory Marcheterre, 20, of Rochester, collided near the Aroma Joe's on Milton Road - Route 125.

As the Scion sustained substantial front-end damage, Fire Capt. Steve Johnson said firefighters had to cut open the doors to free Marcheterre and her passenger, who was not identified at the scene.

Johnson said paramedics transported both drivers and the male passenger to Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He said all three people sustained "significant injuries which don't appear life threatening."

Officer John Harding said police have not spoken to the occupants or even obtained the identity of the passenger, but he would talk to them later as part of the ongoing investigation.

Harding said it's too soon to determine which vehicle crossed the center line or what led to the crash, but police spoke to two witnesses at the scene. He added it does not appear drugs, alcohol or road conditions contributed to the crash.

Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Harding at 330-7128.

Milton Road reopened after investigators took measurements and both vehicles were towed from the scene around 2:15 p.m.

Public Safety Rochester

More Headlines