Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
FBI arrests Manchester lawyer accused of manufacturing child pornography
Lisa Biron, 43, of Manchester is facing federal charges for allegedly driving a teenage girl to Canada where she was recorded performing sexual acts with another person. (COURTESY)
MANCHESTER - A city lawyer arrested in October for allegedly possessing child pornography was indicted on new federal charges this week for driving a teenage girl to Ontario, Canada, where she was recorded having sexual relations with another person, prosecutors said.
Lisa Biron, 43, of Manchester, was arrested by the FBI on Friday afternoon on a seven-count indictment alleging sexual exploitation of children and possession of child pornography.
She was ordered held without bail following her arraignment before Magistrate Judge Landya McCafferty in U.S. District Court, according to U.S. Attorney John Kacavas.
A grand jury handed down the indictment on Wednesday, but prosecutors asked to keep the charges under seal until Biron was arrested and brought to the federal courthouse on Friday afternoon.
Police began investigating Biron, a Manchester lawyer since 2008, on Sept. 29 after receiving a tip that there was child pornography on her computer.
She was arrested at her home – located at 42 Pratt Court in Manchester -- on Oct. 9 on seven counts of possession of child sex abuse images.
But the FBI apparently continued investigating the origin of the digital videos and photo allegedly found on Biron's laptop.
Federal prosecutors say that Biron transported the girl on May 25 from New Hampshire to Ontario, Canada, and coerced her into performing sexual acts with another person so that they could be recorded.
The four digital videos and a digital photograph were made over a four day period between May 25 and May 28, according to prosecutors.
Indictments say the pornography was found Sept. 29 on Biron's HP laptop.
Biron is facing charges of possession of child pornography, transportation with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, and four counts of sexual exploitation of children.
On Friday, it was unclear whether Biron would still face state charges that led to her initial arrest.
The FBI, Customs and Border Patrol, and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement investigated the case with the help of Manchester police.
Biron is scheduled for trial in U.S. District Court on the week of Jan. 8, 2013.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 men charged with stealing $210k in cash from Salem home - 0
- Two indicted for possession, intent to sell spice - 0
- Guardianship sought for Middleton man accused in standoff - 0
- Deliberations continue in Dover fatal stabbing trial - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Former Londonderry youth football league board member facing theft charge - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 7
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 4
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483