Ski resorts invest in snowmaking after last winter's disaster
The improvements to local snowmaking systems follow a natural snow-challenged 2011-2012 season, when alpine and ski touring centers suffered with warm early season temperatures, a lack of natural snowfall throughout the season, and summer-like temperatures for more than a week in March that brought the season to an early end.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'