Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Police: Alleged UNH assault was not random
DURHAM - An alleged assault at the University of New Hampshire on Wednesday night was not random, according to police.
A campus-wide alert was issued after a student reported that two men had allegedly assaulted him in a parking lot around 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday and tried to take his backpack. The student suffered only minor injuries and did not require medical treatment.
Police said in the course of the investigation they learned the male student knew the alleged assailants, who are not UNH students. Police also said there is no cause for concern about further attacks.
UNH police are still investigating the nature of the relationship between the alleged victim and the two alleged assailants.
"The safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and campus visitors is our number one priority," UNH Police Chief Paul Dean said. "As we uncovered information, we felt it was important to let the community know this was not a random incident. While people should always be aware of their surroundings and take safety precautions, there is no cause for alarm."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424